NYTAP Literary Publishers' Travel Fund
NYTAP Home | Professional Development Consultancy Grant
Travel Grants | Monographs, Resource Sheets, and Transcripts
NYSCA Regrant Opportunity
Travel Fund Home | Application | Previous Grantees
The NYTAP Literary Publishers' Travel Fund is intended to assist publishers in taking advantage of activities, opportunities and resources that contribute to the professional development and advancement of the organization. New York State-based literary presses and magazines are invited to apply for travel grants of up to $500.
The Literary Publishers' Travel Fund is intended to help your organization either attend a scheduled event, such as a conference in New York City, or implement a travel-related activity. For example, you could use an award to make a trip to conduct outreach to booksellers, to meet with a consultant or attend a NYTAP Roundtable. CLMP welcomes creative proposals, as long as the activity represents an investment in the professional development of the organization.
The New York State Publisher's Travel Fund is a component of CLMP's New York State Technical Assistance Program [NYTAP] made possible with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency.
- Applicant must be a New York State-based* CLMP
member literary press or magazine. Non-members in NYS are welcome to
apply for membership simultaneously with applying for travel funds.
If unsure of your membership status, please call Trisha Low, Membership
Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Registered as a charitable organization and/or have main
business operations in New York State
- Travel funds may be used only by primary staff members,
(editor, publisher, managing editor, business manager) not by interns
or non-affiliated individuals, and may apply to
the travel of a single individual only.
- Publishers who have received a Travel Fund in the last 18
months are ineligible to apply.
- Applicants with annual budgets of more than $35,000
are expected to provide a 1:1 match for travel funds awarded. There
is no match requirement for publishers with budgets less than $35,000. Need will be taken into consideration in the awarding of the funds.
- Applications must demonstrate that the travel funds will be used to take advantage of
activities, opportunities and resources that contribute to the professional development
and advancement of the organization. For example, projects related to marketing,
fundraising and development, and organizational outreach and stability are eligible. The
funds may not be used to directly fund the travel of authors published by the magazine or
- Travel stipends will be awarded based on the following: demonstrated value of the
project to your organization; artistic excellence of publication; reasonableness of the
proposed budget; completeness and quality of application and proposal; and financial
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Applications must be received at least four weeks (28 days) before proposed dates of
travel. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Because there are
a limited number of stipends and the process is competitive, you are encouraged to
submit your application as early as possible and well in advance of the four weeks prior to
your travel dates if possible.
Awarding of Travel Stipends
- Priority will be given to publishers applying for travel within state who have never been awarded a travel fund before.
- CLMP may award stipends of a lesser amount than the amount requested based on the
- Magazines and presses whose applications are accepted must pay for their expenses up
front; CLMP will reimburse costs once travel is completed. All expenses must be
documented and receipts submitted to CLMP before reimbursement.
- Travel stipend recipients are required to submit a brief final report describing the project
for which travel was funded, to be submitted with all receipts.
- For more information, please call Steph Opitz, NYTAP
Director, at 212-741-9110 x12 or e-mail email@example.com.
Landscape | Help